Monday, January 3, 2011

Here we go!

I spent the last day of the old year cleaning out my house, my closet.... shedding. I by far have not gone through everything but ended up with over 5 big bags/boxes of stuff to donate. While I don't consider this part of community service or a gesture worthy of calling a gift it felt good to detach from these items imagining someone else noting it as a good find. It is a wonderful perk that someone spending a couple of bucks for something liberated from my closet will also help fund programs to help someone else find a better job http://www.goodwill.org/ And now I feel a little more ready for a new year.

I have notified a couple of organizations about wanting to volunteer. Until all of the logistics get worked out and I get on schedule I'd like to apply cleaning up for the new year to the town as well as my house. When I first moved to Asheville, NC one of the first things I noticed was how dirty the riverbanks STILL were after the flood. That was several years ago but that is where I think I'll start. I welcome everyone reading to do the same whether in Asheville or in your town, whether it's the river or your closet, let's clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment